Home

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Review: Blessed Child by Ted Dekker and Bill Bright

"Blessed Child", by Ted Dekker and Bill Bright, was one of the most influential books I have ever read in my life. It was so meaningful to both my husband and I, that we chose the name Caleb for our firstborn son. Blessed Child goes far beyond a fictional story and enters the realm of inspirational and life-changing. Having read a number of Dekker's books in the past, I was expecting another thrilling read and was not disappointed. However, Bill Bright added a sense of theological truth that made me think and view this book as a catalyst for change in my own personal walk. This is not a book that I would form the basis for my faith on, it is an opinion regarding the kingdom of God. A "what if" expose into the realm of eternity. And it is this factor of the book that I loved the most. It brought me to a perspective I hadn't thought of before. It showed me a side of God that I thought was totally believable and possible and drew me closer to Him in the process. It touched a cord in my life and heart that dramatically changed my relationship with God and opened my eyes to thinking outside the box.


The character development in this story is so well done that you will be walking alongside Caleb as he follows this incredible journey. If you are looking for a good story, this book is for you. If you are looking for a new perspective, this book is for you. And if you are looking for a book with depth of insight, then this book is for you. Whatever you are looking for, read this book. I guarantee you that Caleb's story will bless you as it has for me.

For more information on the book, "Blessed Child," check out DeeperShopping.com for your Christian book needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment