Home

Monday, April 12, 2010

Review: Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl

Somewhere over the passing years and changing culture, women have lost their way. This book is written to lead them back home. Regardless of how you began your marriage or how dark and lonely the path that has brought you to where you are now, I want you to know that it is possible today to have a marriage so good and so fulfilling that it can only be explained as a miracle."
                     --Created to be his Help Meet

Have you lost your way? Is your marriage something other than what you had imagined? If you're like me, you're marriage could always be better. So when I picked up a copy of this book it was with great anticipation. I was going to "change my man" to make me a better marriage! Unfortunately, this was not what happened. Instead of a 'quick fix' or 'how to' guide to change my marriage, I found a 'how to' change myself guide.

There is a common misconception that this book is a wife basher. Making you the brunt of all the wrongs in your marriage. If you read this book and see that, then you are convicted by something and defending yourself at all costs. And you are wrong. This book says, "you can't change him, so change you." It has very old-fashioned values, and I am inclined to disagree with some of what I have read. However, the overall impression of this book is one that has changed my life and my marriage. I will admit to having my fair share of pride, and this book was a hard pill to swallow at times. But it has made me into a better wife and mother and is something I have referred to time and time again when my marriage begins to revert to old ways.

I urge you to read this book. You might not agree with everything, you might have different opinions, but if you can swallow your pride and read with an open and willing heart, you will walk away a changed woman.

For more information on 'Created to be his Help Meet' visit DeeperShopping.com for your Christian books.

No comments:

Post a Comment